Today was Patriot Day. So, everyone was dressed in some sort of American way. Except for the few that dressed up for Canada, Italy (Mexico since he painted the flag backwards) and Japan.
I went with the Navy Jacket. I found out a bit too late that it was partially made up of wool, which explained why I felt ridiculously hot while wearing it.
Sign up table banter:
- My review of Hancock and the trailers that came before it (The Dark Knight, Quantum Of Solace, and Bolt)
- Odd experiences with various airlines.
- UCLA Tazer Incident
- Possible singers of the next James Bond Theme (Amy Winehouse, Beyonce, Leona Lewis)
Rowing went a bit slower today since I didn't have the campers in free swim take out the boats.
I spent most of the time shouting directions from the dock.
While we were waiting for some of our rowers to finish a guy on a kayak randomly came up and began to tell us about how when he was a young scout their idea of a camp out involved no adults, and a pistol (to keep bobcats and rattlesnakes away)
After we were onshore another random guy came onto the beach towing a really awesome looking rowboat, probably the cleanest boat I've ever seen. Sadly it was for the Girl Scouts.
Lunchtime Game:
This was changed because some random guy (a running theme seems to be forming) attacked our water balloon stash a.k.a. a bucket in the bowl.
Tug o' war was pretty epic since the campers only outnumbered the staff by about...4?
To kill time until 3rd session began we played capture the flag, Staff vs. Campers (Staff vs. Stampers?)
Started the two hour sit on the beach.
Conversation included:
- How odd humans as a species look.
- Mules and their sterility and wondering if any races exist that cannot mate.
- "Kumiko Goldstein" The Jewish Japanese Girl.
came the most terrifying exertion of effort of the entire summer...so far at least.
SWIM CHECK
(Swim to the buoy and back)
(Swim to the buoy and back)
Alright, alright, it isn't that bad. But since I'm not that great of a swimmer and the cold and chemicals in the Marina do terrible things to my body, I pretty much felt like crap for a good 25mins afterwards. At my request David paddled alongside me in a canoe to give me conversation and a tow here and there.
At least I didn't hurl like the other 3 times I've done the test.
The day went on without any more events...at least that I can think of now. My brain is still a bit chilled from the swim so I'm ridiculously tired right now.
Bringing "The DIP" tomorrow for the potluck.
At least I didn't hurl like the other 3 times I've done the test.
The day went on without any more events...at least that I can think of now. My brain is still a bit chilled from the swim so I'm ridiculously tired right now.
Bringing "The DIP" tomorrow for the potluck.
\

No comments:
Post a Comment