Theme Day: ISLANDER
I dressed in my loudest and least precious Hawaiian print shirt.
Sign In Table Banter: Son of Satan/"Sam"
The true color of David's digital camera. Pink or Red?
During pioneering James and I discussed random movies and different genres of comedians. Good, bad, blind, and retarded.
MARINE PATROL stopped by and inquired about a large school bus that was parked a good 400 feet away from the base. None of us ordered a large school bus so the officer informed us that he was going to leave a "souvenir" on the bus' windshield. James and joked about how this either meant a postcard or that the officer took a shit on the bus.
Rowing was normal. No real events or boats sinking.
My usual microwave duty was taken over since it was Pizza Wednesday. Instead of my usual duty of slamming microwave doors, and saying either, "Hot Pocket!" or "Cup O' Noodle" in a terrible Brooklyn accent I tromped around the camp.
Eventually I was recruited with a few other counselors to set up the lunch time game "Life Saving Limbo". I'm surprised at how terrible some of the campers peripheral vision is, many of them ran right into the large wooden pole we used as the limbo pole.
First Aid drained me once again.
Free Swim and Games - Helped out with the mile swim. Had first of probably many encounters with the life guards and they're monstrous compensation of a boat.
Once onshore we sat, observed the escapades of Son Of Sam and discussed the employees from previous years.
RAVENS OF DEATH - Around the base it seems that there has been a surge of ravens. They ridiculously huge. Must be something in the water I guess. Either way, these ravens are everywhere and sound like they came straight out of the Frontierland Shootin' Gallery.
DAY IV
After a terrible nights sleeps last night that led to some ridiculously intense dreams (Involving the Grim Reaper) I almost arrived late to work. By this point in the week the usual council that meets at the sign in tables disbands and instead hangs out on the second story of the building for the remainder of the week.
During Pioneering I helped out with a few motorboat repairs. In other words I held the boat in place so we wouldn't float away if it didn't start.
Rowing : Today on the most overcast day of the week the class had to capsize their boats and swim them into shore. I directed them from shore. Once they were done we were distracted by Charlie's giant handmade pit.
Lunch came around and I was back at the good ole' pseudo deli position. Jared led a sonic attack on Wesley with the bell.
Lunchtime Game: Run Paddle Run
Finished up First Aid today with the CPR demonstration. It took a while to get 20 kids through it.
Last part of the day I once again helped out with the mile swim minus the annoying life guards. Just smooth sailing (rowing) all the way. Discussed upcoming movies (and how I still haven't seen "Batman Begins") and Bob Dylan.
Got roped into extended care. Afterwards tried to get plunger stuck to the underside of the 2nd Street Bridge. Wesley successfully got it stuck on the wires that run just below on his first throw.
Searched for golf balls in the bowl to pass the time while waiting for the last few campers to be picked up. Didn't leave until 5:44.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment